This warm, cooked Pad Thai Noodles satisfies even the most discerning taste buds…and it’s Medical Medium® friendly!
Muneeza’s Pad Thai Noodles
- 8 oz chickpea noodles / sweet potato glass noodles / Vermicelli
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ small green cabbage sliced
- 1 thumb-size piece galangal or ginger minced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 rib celery thinly sliced
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 2-3 Cups bean sprouts
- 1 Cup fresh cilantro lightly chopped
- 1 Cup raw cashews or peanuts crushed (omit if fat free)
- ½ Cup fresh basil torn
- ½ lime, wedges to serve
- ¼ Cup boiling water
- 2 Tbsp tamarind paste
- ½ Cup packed coconut sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp Thai Kitchen red chili paste (or 1/2 - 1 tsp cayenne pepper or dried crushed chili peppers)
- ¼ Cup coconut aminos
- Prepare the noodles per the instructions on the box.
- Prep and chop all the ingredients - celery, scallions, bean sprouts, fresh cilantro, fresh basil. Place them in a bowl.
- Add the ginger, garlic, red bell pepper, celery, green cabbage to a sauté pan and cook until all the veggies are thoroughly cooked through.
- Prepare the dressing.
- Other than the hot water, place all dressing ingredients into a bowl and mix with a whisk.
- Add the hot water while mixing thoroughly.
- Your dressing is ready!
- Once noodles are ready, strain and let cool just a bit.
- Add noodles to the bowl, add cooked veggies, drizzle dressing on top and then sprinkle with black sesame seeds and raw cashews (if you choose to use them). Some people love peanuts on top - you can find a clean brand with no salt added (if you are not watching your salt you can just use roasted peanuts).
This warm Pad Thai noodle salad is a delicious meal that is sure to satisfy!
To your health & happiness,