Vegan Tzatziki Sauce is a creation that came from a love of this Greek sauce to fit my clean, plant-based lifestyle. You can use this sauce for dipping veggies on a vegetable platter, in Greek salad to replace the Feta Cheese, buddha bowls, tabbouleh, or in any other meal where you want to replace a dairy-based yogurt sauce.
This sauce is PERFECT for my Middle Eastern Falafels recipe. If you want to create a Middle Eastern or Greek Mezzeh Platter, this sauce is a must along with hummus, babaganoush, and other sauces.
Vegan Tzatziki Sauce
- ¾ cup cashews, soaked
- ½ cup zucchini
- 1 cup cucumber grated with skin on
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ¼ cup dill
- 1 tsp dried mint
- ½ lemon juiced
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Olive oil (optional)
- Sea Salt to taste
- Soak the cashews for 20 m at a minimum.
- It is ok to soak for longer as well.
- Once done, drain the soak water.
- Add cashews to the blender with the zucchini.
- Also add the lemon juice, garlic, black pepper, and a little water enough to blend.
- Once thoroughly blended (for about 60 seconds in a Vitamix blender), pour the mixture into a bowl.
- Add the grated cucumber, mint, and dill.
- To serve, garnish with cucumber slices, and a slight drizzle of olive oil (this is optional, avoid if you don't use oil).
- This is a recipe that can be made with my homemade coconut yogurt recipe.
- Replace the cashews and zucchini with 1 cup of coconut yogurt