Vegan Three Bean Chili
- 3 cups strained tomatoes
- 1 tbsp avocado or coconut oil use water or vegetable broth to avoid oil
- 3 cups onions chopped
- 1 tsp cumin powder generous
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tsp chilli powder generous
- 2 red bell peppers diced
- 1 ½ cups black beans 14 ounce can
- 1 ½ cups kidney beans 14 ounce can
- 1 cup garbanzo beans 14 ounce can
- sea salt to taste
- Heat the avocado or coconut oil in a large saucepan. If you are cooking oil free, you can use water or vegetable broth to sauté as well.
- Sauté onions with garlic, cumin and chili powder.
- When the onions are soft, stir in the bell peppers and sauté for 2-3 minutes more.
- Chop the tomatoes and add them to the pan.
- Stir in the beans, and heat thoroughly on low heat.
- Cover and simmer for a few minutes for flavors to meld.
- Add salt to taste.
In the picture, you see the Vegan Three Bean Chili topped with my kids favorite Cashew Cheese. Also this is one of the fillings I use with my Jackfruit Mushroom Taco Meat on Taco Tuesdays. The taco recipe has several parts and when you layer them all together you get an incredible burst of flavors, textures and enjoyment!
My extended family LOVE this recipe as well and I hope you will make it a regular part of your recipe rotation in your home!
As always, do try the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below.