Tomato sauce is something I find myself using a lot for meals in our house. I wanted to share a simple and easy recipe that my family loves…and is oil-free and salt-free!
This sauce freezes beautifully and can be used as a pizza sauce, to go over pasta and/or fresh veggies, or as a dipping sauce. However you pair it, this sauce is a quick fix to complete a meal!
Muneeza’s Tomato Sauce Recipe - Oil Free and Salt Free
- 8 Cups tomatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 cups butternut squash
- 4 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 12 garlic cloves
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 Tbsp organic tomato paste
- ½ Cup fresh basil
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp paprika (plain or smoked)
- Roast tomatoes, onions, zucchini, carrots, garlic, celery, and red pepper on a baking sheet for 45 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Put roasted ingredients into a food processor.
- Add tomato paste, basil, maple syrup, lemon juice, and paprika and process till blended (to the consistency you would like).
- Ready to serve on pizza, over veggies or pasta.
I love keeping this tomato sauce in my freezer as an oil free, salt free marinara because the taste is amazing and it gives me options when I’m in a rush.
To you health & healing,