Tomato sauce is something I find myself using a lot for meals in our house. I wanted to share a simple and easy recipe that my family loves…and is oil-free and salt-free!
This sauce freezes beautifully and can be used as a pizza sauce, to go over pasta and/or fresh veggies, or as a dipping sauce. However you pair it, this sauce is a quick fix to complete a meal!
8 Cups Tomatoes
2 medium sized onions
2 carrots, chopped
3 cups butternut squash
4 celery sticks, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
12 garlic cloves
1 red bell pepper
3 Tbsp organic tomato paste
½ Cup fresh basil
3 Tbsp maple syrup
1 lemon, juiced
Roast tomatoes, onions, carrots, zucchini, celery, garlic, and red pepper on a baking sheet for 45 minutes at 375 F.
Put roasted ingredients into a food processor
Add basil, tomato paste, maple syrup, lemon juice, and paprika and process until blended (to the consistency you would like).
Ready to serve on pizza, over veggies or pastas.
I love keeping this tomato sauce in my freezer as an oil free, salt free marinara because the taste is amazing and it gives me options when I’m in a rush.
To you health & healing,
Muneeza’s Tomato Sauce Recipe - Oil Free & Salt Free
- 8 Cups tomatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 cups butternut squash
- 4 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 12 garlic cloves
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 Tbsp organic tomato paste
- ½ Cup fresh basil
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp paprika (plain or smoked)
- Roast tomatoes, onions, zucchini, carrots, garlic, celery, and red pepper on a baking sheet for 45 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Put roasted ingredients into a food processor.
- Add tomato paste, basil, maple syrup, lemon juice, and paprika and process till blended (to the consistency you would like).
- Ready to serve on pizza, over veggies or pasta.