This simple and easy Herbed Macadamia Nut Cheese Recipe is Medical Medium friendly. Honestly, it is just the replacement you are looking for to complete your Italian dishes. This Macadamia Nut Cheese is crumbly and works great in pasta and lasagna. It is great to sprinkle over salads as well.
Healing Properties of Macadamia Nuts
Medical Medium says that Macadamia Nuts are amazing for changing the lipid profile of the body. They are helpful for lowering bad cholesterol and raising good cholesterol. Furthermore, they also contain a compound that reduces the body’s ability to store fat. Macadamia nuts also protect against free radical damage and cancer. I was astounded when I read all this about the macadamia nut.
Muneeza’s Herbed Macadamia Nut Cheese Recipe
- 2 Cups raw macadamia nuts
- ½ Cup filtered water
- 2 Tbsp Italian herb mix (frontier organic)
- 2 tsp chives chopped
- 1 tsp dried lavender flowers
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- sea salt to taste (optional)
- Place the macadamia nuts, water and lemon juice in the blender and blend at high speed.
- Once the mixture has broken down, blend for a short time in pulses so it doesn't become too smooth. As a result of pulsing the mixture is a little crumbly, which is exactly what you want!
- Then, add the the Italian Herb Mix & blend again.
- Spoon out the cheese into a serving bowl and top the fresh chives and lavender flowers.
We tried to crumble the Macadamia Nut Cheese on top of my Butternut and Kabocha Squash Soup recipe. Let me tell you, it was a match made in heaven! So super delish.
Also pair this cheese with Italian herb mix (frontier organic) crackers or their Quinoa Crackers pictured above. The size of this cracker, along with the crispness and nutty flavor works perfectly with this Macadamia Nut Cheese recipe.
To your health & happiness,