This Medical Medium friendly garlicky potato soup is a healing powerhouse.
Garlic is highly medicinal! “One raw crushed clove of garlic contains the antibiotic equivalent of 100,000 units of penicillin” – Anthony William, Life Changing Foods.
If you or anyone in your family has a hard time eating garlic, this soup is an easy way of getting garlic into the body.
Have you ever avoided the potato at a meal because you were worried that it would cause weight gain?
Well, let’s be honest, most of the potatoes people eat are filled with other unproductive foods such as cheese and bacon. In this sense, eating a potato will contribute to weight gain and insulin resistance.
However, when properly prepared, a potato can be one of the most healing foods on the menu!
Potatoes are antiviral, antifungal, antibacterial, and they can actually help stabilize blood sugar levels. They are also abundant in L-lysine which inhibits viruses. Furthermore, potatoes help drive bacteria and worms out of our bodies.
This humble vegetable is truly amazing, it even helps to heal the intestinal tract while providing sustenance, in the form of glucose, to the brain and liver.
Enjoy potatoes steamed, without oil, butter, cream, or bacon for maximum healing benefits.
While this garlicky potato soup is an incredibly delicious way to consume potatoes, there are many other options available. The potato is an incredibly versatile vegetable!
A great way to bring more flavor to your potatoes is by adding a low fat or fat free sauce. One of our family favorites is my Creamy Fat Free Cheese Sauce. A super quick and easy dinner is steamed veggies over top of steamed potatoes, with my creamy fat free cheese sauce on top.
Another great way to spice up your potatoes – try my Spicy Potato Pea Mash.
Garlicky Potato Soup (Fat-Free Option)
- 10 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (can be made without oil, see Fat Free Option)
- 2 red onions chopped
- 20 cloves garlic chopped
- 8 Cups filtered water
- sea salt to taste
- Prep all the potatoes and garlic needed for the soup.
- Sauté 6 garlic cloves and all the onions in coconut oil.
- Then add the water, rest of the garlic and potatoes and let the soup come to a boil.
- Once boiled, then bring it down to a simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are done, use an immersion blender to blend into a puree.
- Alternatively if you do not have an immersion blender, you can place the soup into an upright blender like a Vitamix to blend it up into a puree.
- It is then ready to serve
- FAT-FREE OPTION: To make this recipe fat-free, use water or vegetable broth in place of the coconut oil. Start with 3 tablespoons and add more as needed.
If you are looking for more ways to bring tantalizing flavors to your potatoes, check out my latest resource, Chutneys and Sauces Recipe eBook.
ALL proceeds from this book go to Underdog Warriors, a not-for-profit organization,
that provides scholarships to those suffering with chronic illness who are in need of financial support. They are donating Medical Medium books, juicers, supplements and health coaching sessions to those who need these tools the most.
To you health & happiness,