Have you been longing for a marshmallow that is compliant with Medical Medium® information? Well, I finally did it…after a couple of tries, I have come up with a fat-free vegan marshmallow recipe that even my children love.
I grew up loving s’mores, and I have really been wanting my children to have the quintessential summer experience of s’mores at a cookout. The creation of this fat-free vegan marshmallow recipe has made that dream a reality.
This weekend I surprised my family with a pre-summer cookout. The weather was absolutely divine, and it was perfect to eat outside for the first time this season. I decided to have them try my new curried potato burger and gluten-free bun recipe…and for dessert, we had s’mores! See my graham cracker recipe to pair with these fat-free vegan marshmallows for the ultimate Medical Medium® compliant s’mores experience.
While these marshmallows are not the most healing food, they certainly won’t feed any pathogens or harm the body in any way. You can feel guilt-free about this indulgent dessert.
Fat-Free Vegan Marshmallows
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Dust half of the powdered sugar onto the parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add the agar agar powder with about ½ cup water.
- Gently whisk using a hand whisk, or for this recipe, a standing mixer is really helpful because you have to whisk for a while.
- Once the agar agar powder has mixed into the water well, you can put this aside.
- In a large saucepan, add the coconut sugar OR the granulated cane sugar and water and bring to a boil. Do not stir. I used a candy thermometer to bring it to approximately 240 F. It takes some time for the temperature to reach this level.
- Immediately remove from heat, and using a rubber spatula, pour this mixture into the bowl of the standing mixer. If you do not have a standing mixer, hand whisk in a bowl for about 10 - 15 minutes. Doing it by hand, it took a whole 15 minutes for the mixture to thicken.
- Add in the vanilla extract.
- Transfer to the pan and let it sit for about 12 hours or overnight.
- Once the tops are completely dry, transfer to the fridge for about an hour.
- Then score into even cubes. These are ready to go into your s’mores if you are using them in that recipe. If you are making s’mores, these can be made ahead of time and even frozen.
For more clean recipes, check out my FREE resource 3 Day Clean Eating Reboot. In this guide you will receive…
- A Yummy Three-Day Healing Menu
- A Focus On Eating More Consciously
- Sound Principles For Healthy Cleansing
- New-To-Cleansing Folks: A Simple, Doable Plan That Won’t Leave You Hungry
- A Plan For The Whole Family, Your Spouse And Kids Too
My goal is to provide you with as many resources as possible to make your healing lifestyle an enjoyable journey.
Please leave me a comment below if you make these fat-free vegan marshmallows; I would love to hear your feedback.
To your health & happiness,