Creamy Vegan Mushroom Pasta
- 4 cups shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp vegan butter (optional)
- 2 shallots sliced
- 4 garlic cloves peeled & crushed
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sundried tomatoes
- 2 cups baby spinach finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley finely chopped
- 3⅓ cups vegetable stock (or water)
- 2 boxes linguine pasta
- 1 cup cashews
- ½ cup coconut milk optional
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper, to serve to serve
- 2-3 sprigs fresh basil
- Next, place a large lidded sauté pan over medium-high heat. The pan should be wide enough to fit your pasta.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté in 2 tbsp of vegetable broth or vegan butter. This should take 3 - 4 minutes.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked (they will release water once as they cook) - add the shallots, garlic, rosemary, and thyme.
- Cook until the shallots are translucent and garlic softens, keep adding water to make sure the food does not stick to the pan.
- Add the vegetable broth (or water). Add the linguine to the pan and then add cashew sauce to the mix.
- Cover the pan and bring it to a boil.
- Remove the lid, reduce to a simmer and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked, stirring every minute or so to make sure the pasta doesn't clump together.
- When the pasta is cooked, remove the pan from the heat, and add ½ cup of coconut milk (optional)
- Top with cut spinach, parsley, and basil.
- Serve this Creamy Mushroom Pasta hot and freshly made.