Creamy Vegan Mushroom Pasta
- 4 cups shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp vegan butter (optional)
- 2 shallots sliced
- 4 garlic cloves peeled & crushed
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sundried tomatoes
- 2 cups baby spinach finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley finely chopped
- 3⅓ cups vegetable stock (or water)
- 2 boxes linguine pasta
- 1 cup cashews
- ½ cup coconut milk optional
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper, to serve to serve
- 2-3 sprigs fresh basil
- For this recipe, I recommend making the cashew sauce ahead of time or first. Head to the link on the blog to make the cashew sauce.
- Next, place a large lidded sauté pan over medium-high heat. The pan should be wide enough to fit your pasta.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté in 2 tbsp of vegetable broth or vegan butter. This should take 3 - 4 minutes.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked (they will release water once as they cook) - add the shallots, garlic, rosemary, and thyme.
- Cook until the shallots are translucent and garlic softens, keep adding water to make sure the food does not stick to the pan.
- Add the vegetable broth (or water). Add the linguine to the pan and then add cashew sauce to the mix.
- Cover the pan and bring it to a boil.
- Remove the lid, reduce to a simmer and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked, stirring every minute or so to make sure the pasta doesn't clump together.
- When the pasta is cooked, remove the pan from the heat, and add ½ cup of coconut milk (optional)
- Top with cut spinach, parsley, and basil.
- Serve this Creamy Mushroom Pasta hot and freshly made.
6 thoughts on “Creamy Vegan Mushroom Pasta”
I don’t see a link to the cashew sauce you mentioned.
“making the cashew sauce ahead of time or first. Head to the link on the blog to make the cashew sauce.”
Do we have to go outside this page?
Miriam if you see the words cashew sauce are in blue. If you click on that it will take you to the recipe. Try it and let me know – it should work!
Hello, I don’t see the recipe here. Is it no longer available?
Tracey the recipe is there – perhaps there was a glitch when we switched over to our new website!
This looks so delicious. Will it work well with rehydrated dried shiitake?
Kate, yes, it works great with rehydrated shiitakes.