This Thai coconut noodle soup is decadent and very satisfying. It is easy to make, a winner at parties and will have people raving about your food!
Many of us who are healing have had to give up the flavors we enjoyed, including all our Asian food! This Thai noodle dish is loaded with flavor and is compatible with those on a Medical Medium lifestyle.
Thai Coconut Noodle Soup
- 8 green onions finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil (for flavor only, optional)
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- 2 carrots julienned
- 15 shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ½ inch piece ginger root (about 1 cm), peeled and finely chopped
- ½ Thai chili finely chopped (optional, if you don't want the spice, please omit)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon grass chopped
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- ¼ Cup cashew butter
- 1 box angel hair or spaghetti pasts (chickpea or cassava) OR if you're ok with grain you can use Lotus Foods Rice and Millet Ramen
- 4 Cups mushroom broth
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- ⅓ Cup maple syrup
- 10 oz firm pumpfu cubed (275 g) pumpkin seed tofu
- 6 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 Cups fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Place all the veggies (green onion, red bell pepper, carrots, mushrooms, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves and Thai chili), mushroom broth, coconut milk, coconut aminos, cashew butter and maple syrup in a large pot.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then cook over medium heat for about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the pumpfu and cook for 5 minutes more
- Then add the noodles and cook until soft.
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds before serving hot.
In our busy world, the importance of a one-pot meal should not be overlooked.
Furthermore, it takes the guessing game out of what’s for dinner.
To your health & happiness,