This Potato Asparagus Soup is a delicious, Medical Medium friendly, healing powerhouse!
Have you been searching for the elusive ‘fountain of youth?’
Well, look no further! Asparagus is a magical source of youth because of the energy in its young shoots. Additionally, asparagus aids in the prevention and elimination of neurological symptoms.
But most exciting is the fact that asparagus is one of the most adrenal supportive and alkalizing foods on the planet.
What about the potato?
Did you know that the meager potato is actually a powerhouse?
Potatoes help to stabilize blood sugar. They are very high in the bioactive form of Lysine, a powerful antiviral.
For this reason, potatoes fight any chronic illness and they are also an amazing brain food.
That said, go ahead and make a double batch of this potato asparagus soup!
Potato Asparagus Soup (Fat-Free Optional)
- 6 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 Japanese sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 1 bunch asparagus shoots
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (can be made without oil, see Fat Free Option)
- 1 red onion chopped
- 6 garlic cloves chopped
- 8 Cups filtered water
- sea salt to taste
- Prep all the veggies needed for the soup. Chop about an inch off the thickest part of the bottom of the asparagus stalks and discard.
- FAT-FREE OPTION: To make this recipe fat-free, use water or vegetable broth in place of the coconut oil. Start with 3 tablespoons and add more as needed.
- Sauté onions and garlic in coconut oil, in a stock pot, until the onions are translucent. Add a little water to prevent them from sticking.
- Then, add in the potatoes, Japanese sweet potatoes, asparagus, and water.
- Let this simmer until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Finally, add sea salt and puree with a hand blender.
- Serve hot!
For more cleansing recipes, check out my Simple Vegetable Soup as well!
For more delicious recipe ideas, take a look at my free resource: Flourish Recipe eBook
To your health & happiness,
2 thoughts on “Potato Asparagus Soup (Fat-Free Optional)”
Made this the other day, so delicious
So glad you enjoyed it!