In my house we all love a good sweet and spicy ramen noodle recipe…and this one is certainly a crowd pleaser!
I hope you enjoy this sweet and spicy ramen as much as we do!
Muneeza’s Sweet and Spicy Ramen
- 4 Cups red cabbage sliced
- 4 Cups green cabbage sliced
- 2 Cups mushrooms (your choice) sliced
- 2 carrots julienned
- 1 red pepper julienned
- 1 orange pepper julienned
- 1 ½ onions chopped
- 6 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 knobs ginger julienned
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 Cup vegetable broth (homemade or store bought)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds (optional, avoid if fat free)
Sweet & Spicy Chili Sauce
- 1 Cup maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp honey
- ½ Cup coconut sugar
- 1 Cup coconut aminos (reduce for less salt)
- 2 Tbsp Thai Kitchen red curry paste
- ½ tsp toasted sesame seed oil (optional)
- ⅓ Cup vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp chili pepper flakes
- arrowroot powder
- Prepare the noodles
- Saute the onion, garlic, and ginger until the onions start to sweat. Add water or vegetable broth to prevent sticking. Add maple syrup.
- Add in the rest of the veggies, except the green onions, and cook down until soft (about 10-15 minutes).
- Place maple syrup, honey, and coconut sugar in a saucepan.
- Add the coconut aminos and red curry paste, and place on high heat until the sauce bubbles.
- Bring it down to a simmer.
- As the sauce thickens, add the broth and chili flakes.
- Cook down slowly over time and don’t let the sauce harden.
- Add arrowroot powder and mix in quickly.
- If you want to be decadent, you can add in the toasted sesame oil (adds a lot of delicious flavor…even just ¼ tsp can add incredible flavor).
- Once the ramen is ready, mix it into the veggies.
- Drizzle the sauce on top.
- Serve with sprinkled sesame seeds and green onions.
To your health and happiness,
PS: I would be honored to support you in your healing journey in 2022. Let me show you the healing protocols and steps to take to connect your physical body, heart, soul and spirit to the light to restore and reclaim your vibrant health.
Join me for The Intuitive Healing Community Membership and discover the power of a community of Light-Seekers, all dedicated to healing. What better gift could you give yourself during this holiday season than the gift of support?
Go here for details and to give yourself the gift of support in The Intuitive Healing Community Membership.
A great opportunity:
Click here to enjoy my latest resource, Chutneys and Sauces Recipe Book. This eBook is filled with my classic family recipes for chutneys and sauces. With a wide variety of mouth watering recipes, writing this took me right back to my childhood. My passion for flavorful cooking is something I wish to share with each one of you!
ALL proceeds from this book will be going to Underdog Warriors, a not-for-profit organization, that provides scholarships to those suffering with chronic illness who are in need of financial support. They are donating Medical Medium books, juicers, supplements and health coaching sessions to those who need these tools the most.