I know this Jerusalem artichoke soup may not look like much, but the flavor makes me want to just inhale it!!
This is a favorite of the Ahmed family – it’s completely oil-free, and if you like, can easily be made salt-free as well. However, if you are prepping this recipe for a holiday, include the oil and salt for extra yummy flavor.
This healing soup is warm and nourishing for the cooler fall and winter months
Muneeza’s Jerusalem Artichoke Soup
- 1 sweet onion
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 4 cups shiitake mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (optional)
- 2 cups Jerusalem artichokes (or sunchokes), chopped (can also substitute potatoes)
- 4-6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt (or to taste)
- Saute onions and garlic until lightly golden brown (use water or broth if oil free)
- Add the mushrooms and sunchokes (or potatoes) and continue sautéing until the mushrooms are a little soft
- Add vegetable stock and allow to simmer until the sunchokes (or potatoes) are cooked all the way through
- Then use a hand blender to puree. Add black pepper (and cayenne if you would like some heat)
Sometimes there is nothing like the warmth of a good bowl of healing soup – I hope you all enjoy the unique flavor of this Jerusalem artichoke soup as much as we do!
To your health & happiness,
PS – Have you heard about my new FREE resource?! Your Roadmap For Healing – comprising 7 teaching videos on the most important topics of healing. I am so excited to offer this new starter video course! If you are beginning your healing journey following Medical Medium® information, this course is for you!
In order to ensure you don’t miss out on this and other important announcements, be sure to sign up for my newsletter