If you have never heard of Hamantashen, you are in for a treat! Are you ready for a tastebud tickling?
These are classic Purim cookies – loved by everyone, young and old.
The best part is, they are incredibly versatile and you can make them yeast, gluten, dairy, and egg free! The fillings can be mixed and matched as well.
Muneeza’s Hamantashen With Rose Jam Recipe
- 2 bananas
- 1 Cup coconut sugar
- ½ Cup coconut oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 lemon rind grated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 Cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- Filling of your choice (rose jam or any other clean jam, chocolate chips, sunflower butter are all options)
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease cookie sheets.
- Mash the banana in a bowl and add all the remaining ingredients into the bowl (except the fillings), mix well.
- Take one part and roll the dough into a small round about ⅛ inch thick (you can use a round cookie cutter or a jar lid to cut out the shape).
- Place ½ to ⅔ tsp of desired filling in the center of each circle.
- To shape into a triangle, lift up the right and left sides, leaving a top flap, and bring both sides to meet at the center above the filling (pictured).
- Bring the top flap down to the center to meet the two sides and pinch the edges together.
- Place on a cookie sheet with parchment paper about 1 inch apart and bake at 350 F for about 20 minutes.
While some of you might like to experiment with eating these plain, here are the two brands of jam that we love using as our Hamantashen filling. So go ahead and see which one you like:
Fiordifrutta Organic Fruit Spread
To your health & happiness,
2 thoughts on “Muneeza’s Hamantashen With Rose Jam Recipe”
Going to try these!
Lisa do let us know what you think!