This candied cashews recipe is a Medical Medium® friendly sweet treat that will have everyone begging for more!
Nutrition Benefits of Cashews
Medical Medium states that “Cashews have the ability to satiate hunger which decreases overeating and aids in weight loss and weight management.” Cashews are a low fat nut and provide support with heart health, joints, tendons and ligaments (they help with flexibility) and help to relax the nervous system.
Muneeza’s Candied Cashews Recipe
- 2 Cups cashews
- 1 Cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp all spice
- ½ Cup water
- Place cashews and coconut sugar in ½ Cup water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Mix all spices in a separate bowl.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to a simmer, stirring frequently. As the water evaporates, the sugar crystalizes around the nuts (5-6 minutes).
- Add spices into the pot and mix, trying to evenly coat all nuts. The sugar will eventually caramelize (1-2 minutes).
- Remove from heat and place on parchment paper to cool.
These nuts are great to use in Asian recipes like our Pad Thai Noodle Salad, they also make a lovely gift around the holidays (or anytime).
I hope you enjoy these candied cashews as much as we do!
To your health & happiness,
2 thoughts on “Muneeza’s Candied Cashews”
These look delicious- thank you! (Btw, the link the pad thai noodle salad isn’t working at the moment.)
Thanks it is live now.