“Mom, this Kabocha Squash Pizza tastes like real pizza” said my oldest and fussiest daughter when it comes to food! I created this recipe for my family to have a really enjoyable pizza experience and I hope your family does too. The kabocha squash crust can be used as a flatbread for all kinds of toppings, so I really hope you will have fun with it!
Kabocha Squash Pizza
- Rolling Pin
- Parchment Paper
- Baking Tray or Pizza Stone
Kabocha Squash Crust
- 3 cups Kabocha Squash Steamed (20-30 minutes)
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 cup arrowroot flour (more if needed)
- 1 ½ cup potato flour
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- to taste sea salt
- 1 jar tomato paste Bio-Naturae Brand
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2-3 cups Arugula
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1-2 jalapeños sliced
- 2 tbsp olives sliced, optional
- ½ avocado sliced, optional
Kabocha Squash Pizza Crust
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Process until a dough forms
- If the dough is sticky and more on the wet side, add more arrowroot powder 2 tbsp at a time until it does not stick anymore.
- The reason for any variability is that your kabocha may carry more water from being steamed longer.
- Split the dough into 2 - 3 even-sized parts
- Place parchment paper on the counter and put the dough on the parchment (this makes it easy to transfer to the oven or pizza tray).
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the pizza dough. Then pick up the parchment and slide it onto a baking tray.
- Bake at 350 F for 12 - 15 minutes.
- It should be golden brown on top and the crust should be pliable.
- Repeat until all crusts are baked and ready for topping.
- Place all ingredients into a small bowl and mix through.
- The sauce is ready to use.
- Once all the parts are ready, and the Kabocha Squash Pizza crust is ready, spread the tomato sauce onto the flattened crusts.
- Then add the caramelized onions.
- Top with fresh arugula.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, jalapeños, olives, mushrooms or avocados.
- If you would like to add a dairy-free ''cheese" on top, try my Cashew Cheese recipe and drizzle once you have added all your desired toppings.
4 thoughts on “Kabocha Squash Pizza”
I am making this almost every week right now for myself and my kiddos. Thank you so much for the delicious recipe!
Leslie So good to hear that you are loving this recipe! Its a family favorite here for sure.
thankyou for sharing this recipe, it looks delicious, cant wait to try it, xoxoxo
Do let me know what you think Adrianne!