Hidden sources of corn. Why would the food industry deliberately try to hide the fact that products use corn?
Isn’t corn considered a “healthy grain?”
Corn is a staple in the average person’s diet. Hundreds of years ago, corn was a fundamental source of nourishment on earth. Unfortunately, today virtually all the corn in the world, whether it’s labeled organic or conventional, is genetically modified (GMO). This genetic modification turned a once healthy grain into one that now feeds all manner of pathogens in our bodies. Furthermore, this GMO corn has built-in (Bt) insecticides which are about a thousand of times more concentrated and harmful than any spray pesticide.
Because there has been such widespread genetic modification, even if the corn is labeled “non-GMO” the pathogens in our bodies are so conditioned to feed on corn that they no longer recognize the difference.
Did you know that hidden corn has more than 200 names and uses?
What most people don’t realize is that corn is not only used in food, but also in pharmaceuticals and body products. Corn is by far the absolute hardest food to avoid – with soy running a close second. For those with a severe corn allergy (although in reality, we are all “allergic” to corn on some level because it feeds our underlying viral load), reading ingredient labels and knowing the hidden sources of corn is imperative.
Why Is Corn So Hard To Avoid?
There are multiple reasons why corn is so hard to avoid:
1. It is not classified as a top major allergen, which means that the many sources of corn do not have to be disclosed on labels.
2. Because of government subsidies, corn is a very inexpensive and abundant resource.
3. The derivatives game is strong. So many products are derived from corn, however when you ask the company they will tell you that it is corn-free because of how it is processed. This is false – if an ingredient is derived from corn, it does not matter how it is processed, that ingredient is still corn-based.
Obvious Sources Of Corn
Get ready for a shock!…there are a LOT of obvious sources of corn in our everyday products. Seeing this list and then reading ingredient labels of your favorite foods will help you understand why some of these products cause inflammation in your body. For a comprehensive list, check out Hidden Corn Based Ingredients on the Gluten Free Society website.
You are probably familiar with corn chips, corn tortillas, corn flour, corn starch, and corn syrup as major sources of corn. It’s easy to spot the obvious sources of corn because they have the word “corn” in the label. It’s the ingredients that are derived from corn but have an unrelated name that are really important to learn.
Hidden Sources Of Corn
The list of hidden sources of corn will leave you speechless! There are a few HUNDRED ingredients that fall under the “is, or can be derived from corn” classification. Here are some of the usual suspects, but for more check out Hidden Corn Based Ingredients on the Gluten Free Society website.
- Ascorbic Acid
- Baking Powder
- Brown Sugar – look for use of Caramel color.
- Calcium Citrate
- Caramel – coloring used in soft drinks
- Citric Acid
- Decyl Glucoside – used in personal care products such as shampoo.
- Dextrin, Maltodextrin
- Dextrose (glucose) – corn sugar, found in cookies, ice cream, and paired with glucose in hospital IVs unless specified not to! Can also be used as a carrier with anesthetic shots such as Lidocaine and Novocaine. Dextrose is also injected into meat, lunch meats and deli cuts. Particularly “honey baked” items.
- Ferrous Gluconate
- Golden Syrup
- Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (HVP)
- Iodized Salt
- Lactic Acid
- Lauryl Glucoside – used in cosmetics.
- Magnesium Citrate
- Magnesium Stearate
- Malic Acid
- Malt Flavoring
- Methyl Gluceth
- Modified Food Starch
- Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)
- Polylactic Acid (PLA)
- Potassium Citrate
- Powdered Sugar
- Sodium Citrate
- Sodium Erythorbate
- Sodium Starch Glycolate
- Sorbitan Monostearate
- Starch – unless it specifies something else, like potato starch.
- Sweet’N Low
- Vanilla Extract – if it is organic and alcohol-free it should be fine.
- Vinegar, Distilled White
- Xanthan Gum
- Zein – used in time-release medications.
The bottom line, that I cannot stress enough, is you MUST read ingredient labels on everything that goes in and on your body. The industries are skilled at hiding harmful ingredients, we must become even more skilled at recognizing them!
If you have chronic illness, you need to develop a super skill of recognizing and avoiding GMOs. A great place to begin wrapping your mind around harmful products and how to avoid them is my GMOs + Chemtrails Masterclass This class will help you make decisions to protect your health and family.
Another great resource that I have created for YOU, is my Amazon Store. I am constantly searching for the most clean and healthy products on the market, and I finally get to share my years of research with you all. This is where I take the guesswork out of Medical Medium friendly shopping. I have a wide-range of categories from which to choose, you will be blown away at the amount of products in my store. I am adding new products all the time, so please check this site often.
My goal is not to scare you with all of these harmful ingredients, but to empower you to know the difference so that you can help yourself and others shop with confidence knowing you can avoid harmful GMO’s with Ninja level skills.
To your health & happiness,