During My Younger Years:
1. At the age of 3 months, I had full blown eczema and was treated with steroids.
2. At age 3, I had tuberculosis.
3. At age 6, I had asthma and struggled with multiple chest and upper respiratory infections, including multiple instances of swollen tonsils and adenoids.
4. My grandfather was a homeopath and suggested to my parents that instead of having my adenoids removed surgically that they try homeopathy. They did it and that worked.
5. I have had over 145 courses of antibiotics and multiple courses of steroids in my life.
6. During my younger years, I struggled to breathe. I could have an asthma attack, if I laughed too much or cried too much. I was also sluggish and tired a lot.
7. As a teenager, I put on a lot of weight and was constantly made fun of. I also had acne and lots of fatigue.
Some Of My Darkest Days:
8. In my 20’s, I continued to struggle with fatigue. My periods were awful: I always spent the first day in bed and the first two days missing work.
9. I was a very angry, emotional person. I was very conflicted for a long time.
10. In the first year of living in the United States with my husband, I was in the ER 8 times with asthma attacks and mystery allergic reactions. I saw an allergist and one of the top pulmonologists in the country, and yet the symptoms did not get better.
11. I struggled with a lot of emotional stress during that time as I was lonely and missed my family. I started having symptoms I’d never had before, like headaches and inflammation all over my body.
12. After 2 years of being in the United States, I was on 7 different prescription medications, the most I’d been on in my life.
13. I was told that I should not try to have a baby because the medications could cause birth defects. This plummeted me into deep depression.
My Nervous Breakdown:
14. During this time, I worked for NBC as CFO for the NBC experience store and was then promoted to Director of Finance for their operations division and had to retain both full time jobs.
15. The stress of this situation led to a nervous breakdown and I was unable to even go to work by the end of my time there. I ended up mostly working from home.
16. I developed strange allergic reactions in response to multiple chemical sensitivities. I got hives, rashes and weird swellings on my face. Multiple times I woke up with an eye swollen shut or my lips and tongue tingling and swelling or half my face puffy and swollen.
17. No one could help me figure out what was wrong with me.
A Turning Point:
18. Ramadhan, December 2005: I prostrated on the floor on a prayer mat, angry with God. “Why am I suffering? Why am I alone?”
19. I heard a voice say, “You are not alone.” Tears welled up and did not stop falling. I felt an instant connection and the tension in my body went away. I felt held by God.
20. A prayer emerged from the depths of my soul, “God, if you show me the truth in how to heal my body, I will commit my life to the purpose for which you sent me here on earth.”
21. That night I went to bed with so much peace in my heart. My life was never the same again.
22. Soon after, a friend handed me a book about inflammation. The book talked about removing foods that could inflame the body, so I cut out eggs, dairy, meat, grains and sugar overnight.
23. Within 2 weeks of making these changes, I experienced a DRASTIC improvement. I did not know that I was cutting out foods that feed pathogens, much less did I realise that I actually had pathogens in my body. That was all to come later when I would meet Anthony William, Medical Medium.
Nutrition School & Discovering Raw:
24. After a year of being on this very restricted diet, I decided to go to nutrition school. I could not believe the power that food had on my body.
25. At school, I learned about Traditional Chinese Medicine, Weston Price diet, Ayurvedic diets, Southbeach diet, Raw food diet, vegetarian diets, vegan diets, blood type diet, religious diets, Anti-Candida diets, whole foods plant based diets, paleo diets, juicing diets and more.
26. I also tried some of these diets and discovered the powerful resonance and vitality my body felt on the raw foods diet.
Becoming A Mother:
27. I gave birth to my first daughter right before I graduated from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
28. I gave birth the following year to my second daughter.
29. I felt really unwell with two back to back pregnancies. I put on tons of weight and was very fatigued.
30. I developed over 20 symptoms including brain fog, tinnitus, edema, vertigo, food sensitivities, leaky gut, candida, hot flashes, freezing cold body and more. I was miserable.
31. The symptom that plagued me the most was eczema all over my upper body. Everything I tried helped for a little bit, but it always came back. Even with all my training in nutrition and understanding the healing power of plant-based diets, and having access to the top leaders in the health movement, I was unable to get answers to my health issues.
32. Right before I met Anthony, I became pregnant again in 2011 and this pregnancy did not carry, because I was so worn out and really not feeling well. I lost the baby at almost 14 weeks and I was unbelievably sad about it. The baby miscarried into my palm. I guess it does not matter how many children you have, the one you lose is still really impactful.
Meeting Anthony William, Medical Medium:
33. A friend told me to contact Anthony William. I had nothing to lose, so I called him and booked an appointment.
34. Within 2 minutes of being on the phone with him, he identified all the health issues that plagued me my entire life. He told me the root causes of all the symptoms. He told me what I should do to improve my health and clear the symptoms that had been with me for almost 2.5 years at this point that would just not go away.
35. For the first time in my life, someone finally understood me completely; my struggles with physical illness and emotional upset.
36. I started to feel better. I did all of the protocols Anthony suggested and found myself improving every day.
37. I felt relieved and empowered to find the right path for my healing.
My 3rd Pregnancy:
38. Soon after my first consultation with Anthony, I became pregnant with my third child.
39. I was so blessed to be a client of his at this time. He helped me throughout the pregnancy.
40. Although I had to adjust the protocols I was on while I was pregnant, I was able to clear the eczema symptoms in about 6 months.
41. After I gave birth, I continued to heal. I was on very few supplements, but I was able to do all the food protocols. I was SO nervous about my postpartum, but I did not bloat and swell up like my prior two pregnancies. I did not have severe fatigue. I did not have the sickly postpartum feeling I did prior.
42. I knew what Medical Medium was teaching was truth and pure gold.
Spiraling Of Symptoms:
43. Summer of 2016, we lost my mother-in-law and it was an extremely stressful time. My husband had to go back to Pakistan for a month and even after he returned he took it really hard and we all experienced the stress of that situation in a deep way.
44. September 2016: I had a chemical exposure that spiraled me back into my old asthma and breathing symptoms. I was not surprised as I knew my system was weak.
45. I handled it naturally at home for almost a month before Anthony insisted I go to the ER and get my oxygen checked.
46. When I arrived there, my oxygen was 67 and dangerously low. I was given three breathing treatments to stabilize my lungs and breathing. I felt so much better.
47. I realized that there is no point in struggling through difficult symptoms. I vowed to never push myself through anything like that ever again.
48. Soon after this, I started Vit C IV therapy treatments to support my lungs and breathing. It helped to turn me around so much.
My Biggest Health Challenge Yet:
49. A couple of months after starting my IV, I was bitten by a very dangerous and poisonous spider in my left arm.
50. At the time, I did not even feel the bite. It wasn’t until I almost fell down in yoga class doing a downward dog pose that I realized something was really wrong with my arm.
51. I had a slight red mark that was inflamed and starting to grow. At first I thought it was shingles. But it did not look like shingles. The sheer pain I was going through was why I thought of that.
52. I tried contacting Anthony, but he was very unavailable at this time due to a personal emergency of his own. When I briefly got a hold of him, he told me that I had a bite and told me what it was.
53. He also told me what I needed to do to get better: increase the IV therapy from once a week to three times a week because my immune system was tanking and my health was starting to struggle in a real way.
54. Anthony also told me to immediately go to the doctor and get an antibiotic. I could not believe that within a year, Anthony had told me to go to the doctor twice! Only my closest friends knew this whole story.
55. He also told me that I needed to do the protocols closely because my health was really struggling. Of course, he did not need to tell me that. I knew it was.
56. He also told me to take ibuprofen as needed for the pain (at that point I had not taken a painkiller in 11 years) and he told me I had to protect my adrenals.
57. During and after the time of the bite, I struggled with severe excruciating pain in my left arm all the way down to my hand, rendering my hand paralysed. I could not even hold a pen in my left hand without it falling and slipping out. I could not move my arm at ALL.
58. I also struggled with chronic fatigue, brain fog, physical weakness, muscle aches everywhere and a host of other symptoms.
The Road To Recovery:
59. It took me almost one year of solid supplement, massage, physical therapy, emotional support protocols and lots and lots of prayer to come out of that acute situation. I am so deeply grateful that I finally did.
60. My health however, has not been the same since then. I am still healing from a chronic viral flare and a liver that is busy processing out toxins and poisons that my body did an amazing job at keeping from reaching my heart and my brain.
61. I know that I will be fully healed one day from this experience, but for now, it already feels like I am 70% of the way there. I consider it a total miracle that I have recovered to the degree I have in such a short amount of time. This experience helped me know and find God in an even deeper way than ever before.
Finding My True Purpose:
62. Working with Anthony and the Medical Medium protocols helped me find my truth and who I truly am.
63. Finding this path and this healing has given me a lot of peace.
64. I still cycle through ups and downs in life, as we all do, but now I have found a path that brings me peace.
65. Healing my body opened me to my life path, true purpose and reason for being here.
66. I know I am here on earth to do God’s work and have committed myself to doing that.
Faith & Spiritual Healing:
67. Working with Anthony William helped me get so much closer to God. Not only has my body healed again and again with the Medical MediumⓇ protocols, I’ve shifted spiritually and now have deepened my total faith in how God supports us, loves us and helps us.
68. I’ve come to know firsthand that there is so much faith for our healing.
Now you know more about me and my journey from sickness to health and wellbeing than you did when you started to read these 68 things! May my story inspire hope in you that no matter what struggles you’ve experienced… health and wellbeing are your birthright, too. I pray that we can all help each other, always and in all ways.
I invite you to read my full prayer for healing here.
47 thoughts on “68 Things You Might Not Know About My Personal Healing Journey From Sickness To Health & Wellbeing”
Thank you so much for sharing your story, you are an amazing woman and your story brought tears to my eyes. I am so grateful to have found you through the Medical Medium community and to be a part of your membership group.
Debbie, thank you so much for taking the time to read my story. It means so much and I hope to give people more inspiration.
Wow, you have been through so much! Your story is undoubtedly motivating for all who are suffering and in need of hope. Thank you for sharing your journey with us!
Thanks Raquel. We all need to know healing is possible.
as sad as your story had been for such a long time – it´s for sure truly connected with a huge and highly valued mission on this earth! I can feel that so deep in my heart – and you will reach even more people in the future and provide so much value!
What you can give to people – no matter if they´re really ill or just looking to improve their health prophylactically – is fantastic!!! (to be honest, it can´t be described with words!)
I maybe have a strange-sounding question: Do you know if Anthony himself still makes appointments with 1:1-Clients?
For such a long time I´ve a strong and really deep feeling that I want to have (or even need) a session with him – but I can’t find a way to reach out to him.
I hope you can help me with this.
Thanks in advance.
God bless you!
Thanks Mirjam – Anthony does not do appointments any more. Thank you for your kind words.
Do you work one on one with clients? I have been eating clean for a long time due to chronic health issues, and for the last month stopped all grains, all fish and lentils, purely just fruit and veg with some avocado as I need to gain weight- but I am losing more. All my symptoms have flared too and I am feeling awful this last week. I feel like I may need to add some grains back temporarily or look at now bringing in anti virals. Although I am sensitive to flax and the tinctures have glycerin based flax? I wonder if this will be an issue. I am very intuitive as well. But would love to know if you have any thoughts or ideas or if you do work with clients one on one?
Hi Kylie. I am taking some clients for one-on-one appointments. Please contact my office at [email protected] to request information and schedule an appointment.
Hi Muneeza. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. It’s very helpful knowing how far you’ve come and that it IS possible to heal. I am so very happy that you are well on your way to hopefully a complete recovery…..bless you. I am also hopeful for a complete recovery from tinnitus and other symptoms.
Love and Light
Thank you, Tomas. I know in my heart that healing is 100% possible!
Thank you for this article and all your wisdom. I’m so grateful for everything you write.
I was diagnosed adult-onset asthma last autumn. Before I had always been healthy (and had run 10K without much problem). I know that there are several reasons why I got asthma. Firstly, I had hardly slept for whole year or since my youngest son was born. Secondly, my father’s sickness took a huge toll on my health – I was always worried sick about him (and I still am). Thirdly but not lastly, we got mold in our house – in our bathroom where I took a very long bath every evening and practice deep breath (ironic?).
The mold was in our house for 11 years. We knew about it but didn’t think it was serious because non of us (we are five in the family) had the typical mold symptoms or were sick. It wasn’t until I got the asthma diagnoses that we realised that this mold had to go. The mold was finally removed in the beginning of May. When it was removed we saw that is was the worst kind of mold – black mold, very toxic one.
I have been on and off on the asthma medications. Took two weeks last autumn, six weeks around Christmas, one week in april and I on them once again because my asthma got worse again – although the mold is gone. It’s so frustrating to have to be on them again – I really don’t want to use them, especially because it has steroids in it. The eosinophils in my blood has also been to high – they go up and down. I’m very worried about my health.
I have been vegan and gluten free since year 2012. I have follow Medical Medium since summer 2016 but I don’t aways eat 100% “right”. But know I am determined to heal from the asthma once and for all. I have removed all grains from my diet and lower my fat even further.
I have one question for you about #23. Did you stopped taking your medications at the same time? Or did the symptoms improved while you were on them? I’m not sure if I should keep using the steroids inhaler or stop it. I know that steroids are not good for the liver and if you want to heal you have to take extra care of your liver.
Sending you love and light from Iceland
Jóhanna, I came off my medication at the same time that I took the bad foods out of my diet.
how I can recognize if I have to do the MM protocol more strictly (ex. fat free, raw …) and when I don’t have to push myself?
(in the sentence nr. 47 you realize it for yourself)
I’m so confused and very sad.
Please excuse my bad english.
And thank you for sharing all your information.
Kind regards, Sophie
Thank you for your question, Sophie. This is something that I teach in my membership program, but let explain what I can here. It basically has to do with listening to your body and at the same time, learning as much as you can from the Medical Medium books, blogs, radio shows, etc. Your body is always communicating with you, but sometimes it is hard to tell if the reactions you are having are healing or hurting you. If you are following Medical Medium information and eating healing foods, chances are that your reactions are a part of your body healing. When moving to all raw or all fat free, you want to do it in steps over time. And as you do this, you may still want to support yourself with some steamed veggies or avocado from time to time as needed. Try to focus on having compassion for yourself and your body, and take it step by step. If you need more support, check out my membership program. This is exactly the kind of thing we support our members with on a daily basis there. Check it out here: https://courses.muneezaahmed.com/intuitive-healing-community
This is so moving! I really get so inspired hearing someone’s story, especially when told so brutally honestly. I am in one of several flares that I’ve had since I’ve started the Medical Medium® protocols, and I can get down and frustrated. When I read stories like yours, full of faith and experience, I feel really hopeful again. Thanks so much. Much love to you.
Oh Susan, I am so happy that my story gives you hope for healing because as Anthony says compassion is the soul of peace, joy, and hope and that until those who suffer are understood there is no peace, joy, or hope. Lots of love to you.
Correction on the e-mail.
You have compassion
for those you help, because of your suffering. I pray you fully heal. I pray you are blessed. I pray with a thankful heart for my being directed your way. Know you are brightening my life. Thank you for sharing your story. It gives me complete and utter hope for health. Love to you and your family. And until recently, I wouldn’t have even had the energy to respond. Grateful.
Oh Hollis, your message here brings me such joy. Thank you!
Thank you, Marie!
Thank you so much for sharing your story. I did know many of the the things you experienced, but there are details of your story I wasn’t aware of. These details make me realize that I too shall be more fully healed eventually. Your information with AW’s info has lead me to a better place. I am grateful for you both!!
I am so happy to hear this, Cathleen. You can heal! I believe that with my whole heart.
I posted a question but what I did not say was that I cried when I read your story, Muneeza because you have been through so much. I would however like some clarity about what symptoms and conditions have healed for you as I am not as familiar with your story as others may be. You listed your health issues but I feel unclear as to what has healed.
I am so happy that my story is providing people with hope for healing and that it touched you when you read it. I added some of my symptoms to my response to you below.
Could you list what conditions you have healed? I feel unclear as to all the symptoms that have improved for you. I understand you are healing from the spider bite, but would you mind being more specific about what conditions and symptoms you have healed or seen improvement with. Maybe you have stated this clearly and I am just not getting it. At one point, you mention over 20 symptoms that you had but I am unclear as to which of these have healed.
Oh Lori, that is a long list. But here are the highlights: acne, thyroid, bloating, eczema, edema, asthma, allergies, multiple chemical sensitivities, mystery weight gain, chronic fatigue syndrome, UTIs, vaginal yeast infections, multiple sinus and chest infections, etc.
Thank you, Judith!
Du hattest das Glück, ihn als persönlichen Berater zu haben.
Hi Sabine. I translated your comment to read: “You were lucky enough to have him as a personal advisor.” I so agree with you. I am grateful for that every day of my life.
Thank you Muneeza , I’m so happy that your better , I know some of the hell you been through ,but you know that . I love you very much .Faith is so important ..Sometimes that’s all we have .Your Family to me .❤️
You feel like family to me too! I will never forget meeting you in Florida and I am always praying for your health and healing.
Wow woman! That’s a lot of challenges!
Thank you, Evalee!
Bless you for all that you do and your beacon of light. Thank you for sharing your story.
Thank you, Kristine! That is sweet of you to say.
Thankyou so much for sharing Muneeza. I’m really touched by this and amazed at how much you help us all whilst going through so much yourself. You are awe inspiring. Much love Candice, UK
Thank you, Candice! It makes me happy that you have connected with my story.
Thank you for sharing your raw, truthful story, Muneeza! I, for one, appreciate the candidness and want to let you know that knowing this, and knowing we all struggle helps me to feel closer to you—if that makes sense!
It does make sense. Our chronic illness battles connect us all in a way that nothing else could.
I was crying reading t tough this. I have so much compassion for you and what you have been through as I have been through some tough times these last two years and I could relate to your suffering , from my own. I want to book an appointment with you, if it’s possible? I’m nearly two years in on medical medium, and I need help going forward, as I am struggling.
Thank-you for sharing this and for all you do.
Love and light and angel blessings.
Oh Eva, it is true that our battles with chronic illness definitely connect us. Please contact my office to request an appointment at [email protected].
Reading your story helps me understand healing is a work in process and while getting a consultation with Anthony would be a great blessing there are always more toxins that come our way and have to be dealt with. Thank you for sharing your reality and helping me change mine.
Toxins are a reality we must all deal with. Thank you for your comment, and you are very welcome.
Beautiful! Thanks so much!
You are so welcome, Catherine!