We live in challenging times. There are toxic exposures wherever we look, and they grow daily.
This is why the disasters with toxic chemicals of the last month have been extremely concerning to me, and anyone focused on health and healing.
WHAT IS GOING ON?
We have watched over a dozen (according to some, as many as 20) toxic events play out due to derailed trains, chemical fires, and other disasters.
This is not limited just to East Palestine, Ohio. Chemical spills and/or toxic fires have also raged in Verona, Italy; Montreal, Canada; Kissimmee and Doral, Florida; Catoosa, Oklahoma; Londonderry, New Hampshire; Braintree, Massacusetts; Tucson, Arizona; and those are the ones we’re aware of.
These have all happened in the last month.
What is going on?
While the cause of each event may vary, it’s hard not to wonder if these are all just a random occurrence.
During and after events like these, it is crucial to use protective measures and detox tools to save us and our loved ones from the harmful effects of toxic exposure.
PROTECT YOUR HOME
Even if you live hundreds of miles from one of these disasters, toxins travel on the wind – even to other continents – and fall out of the sky in rain and snow.
Residents in upstate New York, far from any of the reported recent toxic events, reported that their snow smells like dryer sheets, which we know contain highly toxic chemicals.
It’s important for all of us to be prepared to deal with these and future events. Thankfully, there are several measures you can implement to prevent toxic air from seeping into your living space.
Immediate steps you can take in case of current or impending exposure include:
- Turn off all air-conditioning and HVAC air intake units
- Place moist cloths around door frames and windowsills to block airborne toxins
- Run indoor fans to circulate particles out of the air
I’ve collected a list of home protection materials below for easy reference to help you prevent toxic air from entering your home.
Some of these products have chemical smells, so if you are sensitive, purchase ahead of time and air them out if possible. If that is not possible, do your best and have the toxic fragrance exposure shot daily to help counteract chemical sensitivity.
- Electrical outlet covers to prevent any air flow between home exterior and dry wall.
- Weatherstrip material to prevent air flow below door frames or between molding and floor.
- Silicone door stop to prevent air flow between door and floor.
- Silicone caulk to permanently seal any air leakage points between inside and outside. Note: this may still have a smell, so choose the food grade option below if you have chemical sensitivities.
- Food grade caulk to use in kitchens or near food storage areas.
- Weather-proof tape for easy sealing of air leakage around windows and doors.
- Fire and smoke barrier to prevent especially noxious smoke from entering through any open spaces or porous materials within the home.
Check out this post from My Chemical Free Home for details on how to apply the above protective materials properly and ensure you keep you and your family safe!
CLEAN AIR IS SAFE AIR
Even without toxic chemical fires burning worldwide, we are exposed daily to toxic chemicals and nanoparticles falling out of the sky from unmarked planes. These toxins enter our homes any time we open a door or window, so purifying the air in your home is essential.
Some of the most effective ways to clean the air in your home with is high-quality air filters. I’ve listed a few I recommend below.
- IQAir Multigas Air Filter and IQAir Home Compact Air Filter
- Molekule Pro Air Filter and Molekule Large Room Air Filter
- Bamboo charcoal air filter bags
You can also bring in houseplants known to purify the air, like spider plants, peace lillies, snake plants, ivy, and ficus. These plants have been shown to remove benzine, formaldehyde, and other airborne toxins. Houseplants also disrupt harmful mold-causing EMF frequencies as an added benefit.
A great tip to help prevent overwhelm in an emergency is to work to get one or two rooms in your home as clean as possible and spend all your time there until the situation improves.
Read my How to Breathe Cleaner Air blog post for more info and tips.
If exposed while outside, remove and wash all clothing immediately and shower with warm water and soap (including your hair and ears) to remove any residues from your skin.
Our water supplies are also contaminted by chemical spills, and as airborne toxins enter the soil through precipitation. Invest in a powerful home water filter like the Berkey filter system to prevent further exposure.
In Brain Saver and Brain Saver Protocols, Medical Medium® provides 30 brain shot therapies to protect us from physical and emotional toxicity. Ten of those shots are specifically geared toward toxic expsoures, which offer powerful protection.
The seven exposure shots I recommend when exposed to airborne toxins are:
- Toxic Fragrances Exposure Shot
- Pesticide, Herbicide, And Fungicide Exposure Shot
- Toxic Heavy Metals Exposure Shot
- Radiation Exposure Shot
- Mold Exposure Shot
- Pharmaceutical Exposure Shot
- Airborne Chemicals Exposure Shot
Each of these shots will address various elements of what we are exposed to via airborne or waterborne toxins like chemicals and toxic heavy metals.
You can consume up to 3 of the same shot per day at least four hours apart or as many different shots as desired throughout the day. Be sure to leave 15-30 minutes between consuming anything before or after each shot.
We also find the Medical Medium® Heavy Metal Detox cleanses in Brain Saver and Brain Saver Protocols. There are seven heavy metal detox cleanse levels, with protocols and recipes designed to remove toxic heavy metals, radiation, and chemical invaders from your brain and body.
Key recipes and guidelines for the various cleanse levels include:
- Heavy Metal Detox Smoothie
- Extractor Smoothie (very important for removing chemical build up in our bodies)
- Celery Juice
- Lemon Water
- Apples or raw applesauce and pear sauce
- Reduce or eliminate all dietary fats, caffeine, and other brain betrayers
These cleanses offer powerful healing support before, during, or after toxic exposures of any kind, but especially for toxic chemicals and heavy metals (which are often an ingredient in toxic chemicals).
STAY CALM AND STAY VIGILANT
Is it distressing when tragic disasters like the Ohio train derailment and chemical fire happen? Yes.
Is it a reason to despair? No.
As always, our empowerment comes from knowing how to protect ourselves and how to recover when we face inevitable exposure in an increasingly toxic world.
My heart breaks when I read about the senseless deaths of animals and the poisoning of our beautiful Earthly Mother. I take solace in doing everything I can to protect our beautiful planet with my daily choices and in doing all I can to empower others with true healing knowledge.
When we are healthy and strong, we can take a stand against the interests that allowed these disasters to happen and demand accountability, so they do not happen again.
To your health and peace,