- 1 eyewash cup
- filtered water
- 3 drops goldenseal
- Fill eyewash cup with filtered water
- Add 3 drops of goldenseal
- Put cup up to your eye and wash thoroughly
Goldenseal eyewash is extremely simple and versatile. While goldenseal is an incredibly healing herb when taken internally, it can also be used externally.
1 eyewash cup
3 drops of goldenseal
Fill eyewash cup with filtered water
Add 3 drops of goldenseal
Put cup up to your eye and wash thoroughly
Non-oral (and a few oral) uses of goldenseal
- Use for pink eye and styes in the eye (can alternate with silver). Eyewash cups are in my Amazon store under “Healing Tools.”
- Make a nasal spray for polyps, nose bleeds, and stuffy noses – 1 dropperful per three ounces of water and use the same ratio for all other purposes too.
- Use for an infected wound (same formula as above).
- Add a few drops to a clean lotion to help with eczema, ringworm, boils, cuts, and rashes.
- If mucous is stuck in the back of your throat, gargling with goldenseal will clear it up (ok, so this is an oral use!)
- Another oral use is for tooth and gum infections.
- You can also gargle with goldenseal for strep throat – it’s 6 times more effective than a medical antibiotic.
- It can be used on skin MRSA or staph infection.
- Use a goldenseal wash vaginally for a “yeast” infection.
- Make a wash with goldenseal to use for athlete’s foot and toenail fungus.
- For a visual of how to make and use goldenseal eyewash, check out my reel on Instagram.
More About Goldenseal
Goldenseal is a powerful herbal antibiotic and immune system booster. With strong anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties, this herb is incredible at fighting infections. It is particularly useful for treating sinus, respiratory, mouth, throat, bladder, yeast, and urinary tract infections. Also, a very effective antidote for hemorrhoids, athlete’s foot, toenail fungus, canker sores, and to help stop heavy menstrual bleeding.
“Goldenseal is an essential herb during cold and flu season as it can help to prevent and relieve the symptoms of colds, flu, fevers, bronchitis, heavy congestion, and even pneumonia. It is also helpful against hay fever, laryngitis, cystitis, hepatitis, and liver disease.”
-Anthony William, Life-Changing Foods
Goldenseal, when combined with other herbs such as Echinacea, works synergistically to enhance both of their healing properties.
With such versatility, goldenseal is definitely an herb you want to have on hand.
Try using goldenseal in any of the above formulas, and let me know how it turns out. Please leave me a comment; I’d love to hear from you.
To your health & healing,