Strawberries & cream is the quintessential English Summer treat! When I lived in England, I loved this incredible combination, it felt so decadent and yet so light and simple. I knew I had to recreate a Medical Medium® friendly version of this summertime favorite.
While the original version of strawberries & cream is problematic because of the dairy and refined sugar, my recreated Medical Medium® friendly version turns this into a healing food that you can feel good about serving and eating.
Strawberries are one of the most universally loved fruits, and the best part is they are packed with healing benefits!
Strawberries contain loads of vitamins A, B-complex, C, and E, as well as minerals like iron, manganese, and zinc. Being rich in antioxidants gives them the power to help rebuild and rejuvenate the body.
High levels of phenols make strawberries extremely anti-inflammatory and critical for people who suffer from auto-immune disorders such as asthma, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, restless leg syndrome, colitis, COPD, IBS, neuropathy, Crohn’s disease, lupus, guillain-barre syndrome, and Hashimoto’s thyroiditis.
The copious amounts of vitamin C in strawberries make them incredible for helping to ward off colds, flu, and respiratory infections. They are also known to be helpful for age-related macular degeneration and vision-related issues. Strawberries are a powerhouse against acne!
Being a low-calorie food that is high in nutritional compounds, strawberries are incredible for weight loss.
Cashews are great for lowering blood pressure, supporting heart health, preventing gallstones, reducing migraines, providing energy boosts, strengthening bones, and promoting healthy skin and hair. Cashews have a lower fat content than most other nuts. They also support the nervous system.
Coconuts are a life-changing food. Medical Medium states in his book Life-Changing Foods that “coconuts enhance the power of anything they touch,” which means, when combined with healing foods, coconut supercharges those benefits. Coconut water is very similar to human blood.
Coconuts help with insomnia by providing the right blend of mineral salts for neurotransmitter production in our brains. “Coconut meat is highly antipathogenic,” and “when coconut drops from the stomach into the intestinal tract, it kills off any pathogen it touches.”
The combination of minerals and glucose in maple syrup makes it vital to the liver – an instant fuel source.
“It’s like an IV for the liver containing the best of both worlds: a vast array of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients (many of them still undiscovered) coupled with high-quality sugar on which the liver thrives.”
Anthony William, Liver Rescue
18 – 20 Strawberries
1 cup Raw Cashews
2 tbsp coconut cream
4 tbsp maple syrup
½ tsp vanilla powder
1 tsp coconut sugar
Dairy-Free Strawberries & Cream
- Place the cashews, maple syrup, vanilla powder, coconut cream, coconut sugar & water in a blender. Blend until smooth, adding only a little more water as needed to make a thick sweet cashew cream. Blend for 60 seconds minimum.
- Make sure you are using chilled strawberries for this recipe - not frozen. Wash the strawberries in cold filtered water and keep the green tops for this recipe. The reason is that it makes it easy to hold the strawberries with the green top and bite into the sweet cream at the bottom.
- Dry the berries well with a paper towel.
- Next, dip the strawberries in the cream and cover ⅔ of the strawberry with the sweet cream, and place on a clean platter.
- I recommend using the platter on which you plan to serve the berries.
- Once you have dipped all the strawberries on the platter, I recommend not moving the berries onto another dish because it will disturb the cashew cream and look messy.
- Then place the platter in the fridge to let the sweet cream firm up a bit, and then serve!
Strawberries & cream is a treat everybody will enjoy, and something you can feel good about serving. If you make this dish, please leave me a comment below – I’d love your feedback.
For more incredible, family-friendly recipes your whole family will love, check out my Flourish Kids Recipe Book. Included in this book are:
- Drinks: 7 Recipes
- Smoothies and Breakfast: 20 Recipes
- Snacks, Sides, and Appetizers: 11 Recipes
- Soups and Salads 5 Recipes
- Desserts: 12 Recipes
- Dinners/Entrees/Quick Meals: 16 Recipes
Please leave me a comment below letting me know if you make these banana muffins or any of the recipes from the Flourish Kids Recipe Book. I would love to know how it turns out – your feedback is always appreciated.
To your health & happiness,