Wild Blueberry Breakfast Cake
This recipe is fat-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut free, egg free & dairy free. It will be a beautiful addition to your Christmas table. Not only does it look amazing (you eat with your eyes first, right?) but the flavor will blow you away. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family did when my friend, Eileen, made it for us.
Eileen is an amazing chef and has been creating recipes for her littles on their healing journey for many years. You can find her original recipe here and be sure to follow her on Instagram where she shares her wonderful insights in the realm of chronic illness, raising children, soul healing, understanding nature and cooking!
- 2 cups of chickpea flour
- 1 cup of maple sugar
- 1 cup of raw honey
- 2 tsps of cinnamon
- 1 tsps of ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp of cardamom
- 1/4 tsp of ground cloves
- 2 cups of apple finely chopped
- 1 cup of carrots finely chopped
- 1 cup of pineapple finely chopped
- Blend the chickpea flour, maple sugar, raw honey, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and clovers in a blender until smooth.
- Finely chop the apples, carrots and pineapples each separately in a food processor. If your pineapple is juicy, it’s ok. Mix the fruit and carrots into the batter mix.
- You will need a quiche pan to bake this recipe.
- Place parchment paper on the bottom of the quiche pan/ dish so it does not stick once done baking.
- Pour the mixture from the blender into the pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
Berry sauce ingredients
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh raspberries
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1/4 of raw honey
- Warm these three ingredients in a small saucepan on medium heat. Do not overheat or boil.
- Pour sauce generously over cut servings of cake.